In this zone dwelling houses are permissible, either approved by the local council or a private certifier depending on the local council’s policy on this issue. Child care centers, places of public worship, neighbourhood shops and schools are also allowable, but only with council consent. However, councils have the right — after public consultation — to add other uses or ban some forms of development in these zones depending on local needs. For instance, a council would have the right to ban villas and townhouses in these zones if it desired, provided that it was not avoiding its obligations to serve the State’s growing population.